- Date Posted
- Sep. 10, 2021
- Data Science
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
Data is one of Farfetch’s strategic pillars and our data teams are at the heart of everything we do with data. Their purpose spans building and scaling our data platform, capturing and curating our data assets and harnessing the power of Farfetch’s data to provide reports, insights and power data-driven systems that both support business decisions and uncover new ways to amaze our customers.
The teams are committed to turning the company into THE global platform for luxury fashion. We are constantly looking for people who excel at the challenges that a fast-growing, data-driven company faces on its journey to be a market leader.
In this demanding but important role, you’ll be part of a small team whose mission is to maximize the value and promise of Farfetch’s data and make it ubiquitously available and valuable across the business. Engaging widely with stakeholders, customers and colleagues across all departments and geographies, you’ll help define and drive our data architecture including logical and physical models, meta and reference data strategies, source data design, governance and documentation.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to development of Farfetch’s data architecture right through from source to consumer.
- Work pragmatically and collaboratively with teams across the business to provide value, whilst steering in a strategic direction.
- Ensure maximum value from our shift to event-based messaging architecture.
- Work with colleagues in Security and Governance to comply with our regulatory responsibilities whilst ensuring our needs continue to be met.
- Support evolution of data models & schema design of our data warehouse to support our business across various different physical data systems (from row and columnar DMBS to NoSQL and everything in between).
- Work across broad cross-functional teams to set and maintain data standards and development practices and help manage change.
- Catalogue and document our wide range of data assets to help the business easily discover, understand and leverage them. Including helping create rich and useful data dictionaries and business glossaries.
Who you are
- A Data professional with 8+ years working in data management, data warehousing and/or data architecture roles.
- Experienced in all aspects of logical and physical data architecture, with a strong bias for action. You favor results over theory.
- Hands-on and practical. You lead from the trenches but know the value of communicating the big picture.
- Customer-focused. You are dedicated to putting data to work for the business.
- Passionate about data quality and have plans to constantly improve it.
- An good listener and communicator. You love sharing your knowledge, and evangelizing the benefits of outstanding data management.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
In this demanding but pivotal role, you’ll be part of a small team whose mission is to maximize the value and promise of Farfetch’s data and make it ubiquitously available and valuable across the business.