- Delhi, IN
- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Data Science
Fully aligned to our Marketing vertical, this team is part of a vision to build a highly autonomous and empowered Data Science / Data Engineering team that moves fast to rapidly deliver big impact with some of our most challenging and high visibility projects.
You will be an integral part of our Data Engineering team, being responsible for helping build, maintain and improve our data warehouse and BI architecture and tools.
Our motto is “Work hard, play hard!”. We are a relaxed, easy going team, made of different nationalities. Everyone’s idea matters, regardless of the level of seniority. We work in agile methodology, having daily standups, retrospectives, sprint planning, etc.
Working collaboratively as a team and with our business colleagues across different locations, you’ll be shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch.
What you’ll do
- Work on software engineering challenges that arise from Farfetch’s scale and data growth.
- Work with state-of-the-art data frameworks and technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka, Terraform, Dataflow, Cloud Dataproc, and others.
- You will work cross-functionally with various teams, creating solutions that deal with large volumes of data.
- You will work with the team to set and maintain standards and development practices.
- You will be a keen advocate of quality and continuous improvement.
Who you are
- You write Python in your sleep!
- You have experience in building and maintaining data pipelines;
- You can productionase your code, but also know that something done is better than something perfect, and iterate over time to improve it;
- You can write SQL;
- You have experience in a cloud environment, preferably GCP;
- You have experience in continuous delivery principles: version control, unit and automated tests;
- You have good analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to work in a fast moving operational environment and you are enthusiastic and with a positive attitude.
An opportunity to join our newly formed Engineering Team working on a greenfield project across multi-terabyte volumes of data using cutting edge technologies as a Senior Python Engineer.