- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Data Science
Hello. We’re Stadium Goods. We are the world’s premier sneaker + streetwear marketplace selling only the most sought-after footwear, apparel and other hard-to-find items on behalf of our sellers. We are driven by our principles and committed to providing the best consumer and consignment experience there is. In January 2019, Stadium Goods became part of the Farfetch family of companies, which will help guide our evolution as we usher in the next chapter of scale and growth.
The Engineering and QA Team partners closely with Product to build and deliver new features that can drive business value. They also are responsible for maintaining the platform, from eliminating bugs to applying security updates.
Working on Data Engineering your role will be focused on creating access to essential data for a variety of teams, spread across the business and engineering groups. Stadium Goods is an international organization with diverse data from across multiple platforms (including stores) and your work will directly help us create value from that data. You will use a variety of techniques in this role ranging from data modeling, to report creation for broad usage, to writing APIs for the engineering team to consume data in a structured way. You will join a team of data engineers who are building the practice and you’ll have the freedom to explore new ways of thinking about these challenges and have the potential to change the way the business operates using data. As a senior member of the team you will grow the team through hiring, mentorship, and setting a high bar of excellence.
What you’ll do
- You will create data pipeline architecture
- You will design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- You will oversee large programs end to end - ensure their success by defining the problem statement, requirements, goals, and milestones
- You will build systems that allow for validation of our data product, ensuring accuracy of these data sets
- You will build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from data sources using SQL, Python, dbt, BigQuery, Fargate, and other modern data tooling.
- You will build analytics tools that use the data pipeline to provide applicable insights
- You will ensure that this information is accessible to analysts in datasets that promote their analyses
Who you are
- You have 5+ years experience working in Data Engineering
- You have a foundation in Computer Science, Engineering, Stats, or Math, through education or work
- You’ve worked with a variety of types of data and make it come together to form a cohesive dataset
- You are ready to answer the big questions about what’s working and what’s not
- Advanced SQL skills, Python, AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with Airflow, DBT, or similar tools for managing ETL pipelines
Rewards & benefits
- Comprehensive total rewards package that includes competitive salary, company equity, health benefits and 401k
- Generous paid time off
- Dynamic career growth opportunities
- A fun, creative and mission-driven work environment
- Team outings and afterwork events
Equal opportybuties statement
- Stadium Goods is committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is celebrated. We make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
- We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team!