- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Design & UI
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a Principal Front End Engineer to be part of our team, responsible for maintaining and evolving farfetch.com. If you love front end, challenging projects and are willing to share knowledge, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you’ll do
- Build creative solutions at Farfetch.com on a global scale, consumed by fashion lovers all around the world.
- Be a technical reference and mentor in the Farfech.com front end community.
- Work with our Engineering teams and other areas like Product, Design, Architecture and Infrastructure to articulate and promote the best tech solutions for the front end.
- Ensure our front end code, React-based, is consistent and able to scale to meet the high demand.
- Be part of the Engineering leadership team, co-responsible for setting the technical direction of our front end, sharing knowledge and helping with personal development.
Who you are
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Puppeteer, Cypress, Playwright)
- In depth understanding of front end architecture and data-driven development
- Experience with medium/large-scale web applications
- Experience troubleshooting/solving performance-related problems
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Experience with GraphQL, and familiarity with common backend service languages such as .NET, Node.js, Java will be appreciated
- Experience with continuous delivery will also be valued
Rewards & benefits
We are looking for a Principal Front End Engineer to focus on evolving our Universal React platform and build the future of accessible web interfaces using the latest technology stack.