- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Design & UI
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
About The Role
- You have a unique opportunity to join a global product design team who are enabling the luxury fashion industry, defining what luxury means for digital.
- This role is someone with deep knowledge of working as a Product Designer within a multidisciplinary team (primarily design, engineering and product management).
As a Product Designer you are expected to have solid knowledge of design methods and practices that will help your team understand and make sense of their customers’ needs and behaviours.
You will have strong technical knowledge of web or native UI and interaction design to ensure that the experience our customers have when using our products is appropriate, effective and coherent.
You are able to communicate the importance and value of shared, collaborative design systems and have demonstrable experience in contributing to as well as working with them. You are able to demonstrate influence and credibility amongst your team and the wider organisation.
You’ll specialise in web or mobile but have strong working experience of both, with a portfolio of examples which demonstrate your ability to fully understand a problem, identify value creating opportunities and to clearly communicate your team’s intent.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be working collaboratively with your team (product owners, engineers, researchers and others) in defining the problem space and desired customers outcomes
- You’ll help to define hierarchy of user needs for the design project (use cases, heuristics), making sure that when customers interact with your product the experience is coherent, effective and consistent with our brand
- Discovery sprints - identifying opportunities to create value for our customers, and defining the problem space to remove risk
- You’ll be able to help the team discover potential design routes by going broad and wide, creating provocations and prototypes to help the team build better products and features for our customers
- Working with engineering and product owners to bring your understanding of how customers interact and behave with products to ensure that they share your confidence in a solution
Who you are
- You have solid experience working within product teams, either as a designer or a product owner
- You have the ability to demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects
- You have varied experience designing products for web or native platforms
- You have excellent collaboration skills, as well as being able to constructively direct action within teams
- We don’t expect a formal degree, but your depth and domain of knowledge is equivalent to that of a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar
- You have working knowledge of developing and working with full-stack design systems
- You have experience working on high traffic consumer products
- You have experience working within a platform business, Ecommerce or online retail
About the Department
We’re responsible for creating engaging, beautiful products and services which help our customers express their love of fashion. We work hard to understand user needs and champion them throughout the product development process. We’re part of a global team with centres in London, Lisbon, Porto and Shanghai working in multidisciplinary squads across a suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.