- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Design & UI
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
As a member of the Architecture Group, you’ll be working in a friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share your knowledge and love to be part of the building process to reach the top and using the latest technology stack while having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you’ll do
- Work as a Front End Engineer and help developing our current ecosystem of Front End solutions;
- Work with the Architecture team to ensure Front End Engineers are working towards the standards we set ourselves as a company;
- Engage with other engineers to guarantee a correct implementation of our Front End architecture;
- Up skill engineering in complex topics thus acting as a reference for engineering best practices within the team;
- Provide strategies and tools to ensure high quality standards;
- Help the architecture team in influencing other engineering teams regarding Front End best practices;
- Help developing a scalable and sustainable system through all our web products;
- Contribute to the update and progression of our documentation and guidelines.
Who you are
- Experienced in component-based architectures
- Proficient in React design patterns
- Experienced in unit testing
- Experienced using bundler tools
- Knowledgeable of semantic markup and accessibility
- Knowledgeable in CSS best practices and methodologies
- Proficient in NPM and Node
- Experienced using GIT and Agile methodologies
- Proficient in English, written and spoken
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
The Architecture team is a central piece in the global technology team and has the mission of improving the sustainability of the Farfetch Platform in the long run.