- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Design & UI
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
As a Software Engineer Front-end you’ll work in a cross-functional team, which is empowered to rapidly iterate and release new features. You’ll code on the front-end of our solutions, but you won’t do it in isolation, our culture is collaborative and you’re expected to provide support and guidance to your colleagues, whether pair programming or on code reviews. Within our teams you’ll develop new and innovative features to improve our solutions, implementing engaging and carefully created designs for our White Label solution while working with the latest technologies to push the boundaries of what’s possible in the web.
What you’ll do
- Work within a super-talented cross-functional engineering team;
- Write and test interactive, clean, secure and efficient solutions;
- Help maintain a high level quality code by reviewing your teammates’ code;
- Continuously improve our codebase, systems and processes;
- Respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
Who you are
- A professional with 3+ years of Front End web experience;
- Proficient in at least one widely adopted single page application (SPA) architecture;
- Keen to learn new technologies and brings new ideas on how to make things better;
- A technical, analytical and problem-solving developer;
- Passionate for coaching other engineers and building a strong team culture;
- A person with knowledge of React (Native is a plus);
- A professional with some understanding of agile development practices and methodologies;
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on the development of the Front-End side and help the Farfetch Platform Solutions (FPS) team to evolve.