- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Design & UI
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Lisbon office is located in Portugal’s cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer who will help develop web interfaces using top-notch front-end technology across multiple connected devices. You will work as part of Future Retail team, in a very relaxed environment that favors creativity. You will help us to continue creating an outstanding engineering group that supports our growth (through speed, quality, and consistency in delivery).
What you’ll do
- Evolve our Svelte/GraphQL codebase;
- Write reusable UI components;
- Build visual experiences for the stores;
- Solve problems that challenge the status quo;
- Create deeply catered personalization of the customer’s experience;
- Creatively improve the shopping experience.
Who you are
- Experienced in HTML/CSS and NodeJS;
- Experience in 3D, WebGL, Babylon, CSS transitions, animations is a plus;
- Passionate about clean and well-documented code;
- Focused on fully tested and performant code;
- Knowledge in ES6 and the latest ECMAScript features;
- Curious about new libraries and frameworks;
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- As part of the Future Retail team, you will work on the development of web interfaces across multiple connected devices.