- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Design & UI
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
About the role
We are looking for an UX Research Manager with a track record in delivering research within the e-commerce space, to lead the Research function within one of our core Consumer Product pillars: Consideration & Purchase.
- Eager to partner with colleagues to identify important research opportunities, you will bring insights, directly affecting Consumer Product strategy.
- As a research Manager, you will create an understanding of customer needs and opportunities for your assigned domain, working with Product and Design leadership.
You will be in your comfort zone delivering substantial research studies yourself, while also coordinating the input of Senior and more Junior researchers across the team. You will report to the Head of UX Research.
What you’ll do
- You will operate as a research partner with leadership in your assigned domain, supporting the leaders in your product area.
- You will work with senior team members in Product Management and Design. Build relationships with them and gain an understanding of the core of their research needs.
- You will autonomously conduct and provide multiple research studies with high complexity and importance to the business.
- You will provide tactical guidance to support our research operations department.
- You will create insights that influence strategy, based on an understanding of our niche customer: luxury fashion lovers around the world with emphasis on our most engaged customers.
- You will guide your team to get past their surface-level research questions, helping them to arrive at fundamental questions that address behavioural patterns and lead to identifying met/unmet customer needs and goals.
- You will bring meaningful insights in effective, creative, and impactful ways (reports, co-creation workshops, journey maps, video and beyond) to a variety of audiences and encourage them to make evidence-based decisions for product and design.
Who you are
- Passionate about researching our customer and helping create a market leading customer experience as part of an outstanding research team
- Experienced UX researcher with a portfolio in different qual and quant methods
- Adept in using a range of tools for conducting and analysing participant interviews (including remote)
- An advocate for and delivering UX Research in different commercial environments
- Experienced in navigating big organisations with specific expertise in ecommerce. Experience in a marketplace is advantageous
- A story-teller, you communicate research findings clearly, accurately and compellingly in written, verbal, non-verbal and visual forms of communication
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.