- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Based in our our London office and reporting to the Head of Finance Transformation you will work in a strategic role to ensure the FARFETCH finance team is revolutionary and globally aligned, and to help the our global teams drive efficiency and contribute to our path to profitability. You will work with the Corporate Development teams understanding the important elements of each transaction. This role will work with the wider finance team to support implementation and integration of acquisitions, joint ventures or other initiatives.
What you’ll do
- An essential support for business integrations and transactions during and post acquisition, collaborate with the wider Finance team to support and develop the integration plan
- You will help define the strategy and be accountable for implementation of the Finance Change and Transformation strategy, including implementation of the Finance Operating Model.
- You will monitor internal processes, identify industry trends and value creation opportunities to maximise potential of the department and build a Finance Team of the future
- You will identify operational finance improvements leading to increased accuracy and efficiency of the month end process
- You will work with the Finance Systems and Internal Control teams to ensure the design and effectiveness of systems, processes and controls provides a strong and robust environment, with effective Sarbannes-Oxley compliant control frameworks
- You will develop a robust Key Stakeholder map and Change management agenda to support the proposed transformation
- You will take charge of project management and seamless execution of the Finance Transformation strategy
Who you are
- You have a professional accounting qualification
- You have operational finance experience preferably in IFRS and within SEC listed, or similar, entities.
- You have hands on knowledge of Finance processes and a great idea of what ‘excellent’ looks like, with experience in a Sarbannes-Oxley environment, or similar
- You have a proven track record of implementing new SOX compliant processes in Finance, from initial source information through to the operational finance process and the technical reporting requirements
- You are comfortable talking to senior management and to business partners to explain finance and business strategies and provide input into wider business projects
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.