- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re passionate about operational excellence, acting with our customers and partners always in our heart. Covering the entire order journey, we create our online content, secure payments and fraud process compliance, ensure order fulfilment and delivery, while providing customer and partner care. In a nutshell, we love to create seamless and memorable luxury experiences for our customers all around the world.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
You will lead a team responsible for our payment performance and offering globally. This includes a managing a processing budget in the tens of millions, our partner ecosystem, and working with technology to provide a seamless and localized buying experience across the globe. This is a dynamic and challenging role, where the scope and reach across our company is wide. You will report to the Senior Head of Payments & Fraud, while your peers in the leadership team are the Head of Fraud and the Analytics Manager.
What you’ll do
- You will develop our global payments long-term strategy, helping us to take advantage of current and emerging trends, challenges, and opportunities to grow our company and improve the experiences we give our customers. You will lead your team to execute on this strategy, improving our core payments offering, whether it’s improving our authorisation rate, our conversion rate, our underlying cost base, or ensuring we have a scalable and compliant platform.
- Collaborate with leadership in Technology, Product, Commercial, Finance, Security, Growth and more to make this vision a reality.
- Coach your team to reach their potential, creating a culture and structure to ensure long term sustainable success in the area. You’ll shape the team to scale.
- Develop up-to-date industry knowledge and trends in the team. You’ll focus on consumer trends, new products, card scheme compliance and regulation, while building close ties with those in the industry. You’ll use your experience to grow the next generation of experts in Farfetch.
- Lead on fintech and payments topics internally at a senior level (C-level, VP etc), setting a clear direction.
- Manage a processing budget in the tens of millions, setting and achieving budgetary efficiency targets.
- Develop the overall partnerships with our PSP partners around the globe, ensuring your team leverages the strengths of our existing and future partners to deliver maximum value to our company.
Who you are
- An experienced and passionate payments leader, with 8+ years of experience. You have worked in an international e-commerce company or payment service provider leading a team or department.
- You’re data-led in your thought process.
- You’re comfortable in navigating through occasional situations of ambiguity or uncertainty.
- You’re customer-focused, never losing track of our commitment to their experience.
- You’re commercially minded, accustomed to delivering multi-million dollar deals and identifying growth projects.
- You’re able to demonstrate experience building relationships and ties across the payment ecosystem.
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- The Head of Consumer Payments is a strategic leadership role that will develop and execute the payments strategy across all geographies and teams.