- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub. Our open-plan space is ideal for collaborative working. When you’re not doing what’s never been done, you can enjoy a team lunch on our large outdoor terrace, or join a yoga class in our dedicated studio.
This role would suit someone analytical who can dig into the detail of cohort, channel and tier analysis to find the right solution for demand planning of a marketplace whilst remaining checked into high-level strategic goals and how to achieve them in the short, medium and longer term.. You will also have experience dealing with non-finance stakeholders across all levels to support on cost management and allocation of resources across multiple brand disciplines and across international regions.
What you’ll do
- Business partner to the Marketing (both Digital and Brand) and Private Client teams, supporting the Chief Customer Officer and senior team.
- Lead the Global Sales planning process understanding both regional and cross-functional requirements to align on growth expectations (bottom-up versus top-down)
- Lead the budget and re-forecast process across Marketing & Private Client partnering with multiple stakeholders to understand cost and headcount requirements.
- Own the Performance Marketing planning database explaining paid investment by region & channel for all planning processes. Drive understanding of risks / opportunities to effectively understand key impacts of return on spend.
- Drive forward new pieces of analysis to align with business objectives including paid channel ROI, customer profitability, customer based forecasting. Identifying & communicating risks & opportunities where appropriate.
- Oversee month-end process working with direct team to effectively communicate results & analysis to senior management, ensuring effective control & decision mechanisms in place.
- Provide commercial thought & support on various key strategic initiatives including pre-order, gift cards, retention / loyalty propositions.
- Own the Marketing Promo sign-off process assessing Promo feasibility across regions & functions, ensuring SOX compliance.
- Support the Fashion Concierge business unit growth through understanding the long-term growth requirements of the business & how this can be facilitated within Finance.
- Support the Private Client team in evolving the Stylist Commission scheme to support revised commission rates & strategy (1P, sales attribution).
- Manage team of 2 x Senior Finance Analysts and 1 x Graduate Finance Analyst to support in the above providing coaching, development and support
Who you are
- A qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Significant experience in financial modelling and excel (vlookups, pivots)
- Experience with AX and SAP knowledge advantageous
- Experience in the technology and e-Commerce industries advantageous with ultimate preference of Marketplace experience
- Established communicator at senior levels up to C-suite
- Able to deliver through others with experience in directly managing at least 1 to 2 analysts
- You can operate in ambiguous and changing situations to deliver on the right results
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
This is an exciting role for a Senior Finance Manager to support the continued evolution of planning and analysis to aid decision-making and alignment of Marketplace demand. This is a hugely varied role working across the whole of marketing including both online and Brand, Private Client and our Fashion Concierge business.