- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
The FARFETCH Indirect tax team is looking for a Senior Indirect Tax Transformation Manager to help with global transformation and integration projects. Based in Portugal and reporting to the Director Indirect Tax the role would suit someone who is looking for a hands-on role, using their indirect tax operations and project management skills, analyzing processes, designing solutions and project managing the implementation to help build an Indirect tax function for the future.
What you’ll do
- Identify operational improvements leading to the delivery of projects being supported or lead by the Indirect Tax team
- Work with the wider Tax and Finance team and monitor internal processes, identify industry trends and value creation opportunities to maximize potential of the department and build an Indirect Tax team of the future
- Look to automate and improve across the Indirect Tax spectrum
- Help establish the strategy and be accountable for implementation of the Indirect Tax Change and Transformation strategy, including implementation of the Tax Operating Model.
- Be an important support, from an Indirect Tax perspective, for business integrations post acquisition
- Work with the sub-teams within the Indirect tax team to ensure the design and effectiveness of processes, and ensure the different sub-teams are aligned on the goals of each project and delivery dates
- Develop a Key Stakeholder map and Change management agenda to support senior stakeholders within the Finance team
- Take charge of project management and seamless execution of Indirect Tax related projects
Who you are
- A professional indirect tax experience and qualification, with preferably a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in a managerial role or previous consulting experience in VAT / indirect tax areas
- Experience across international VAT matters
- A professional with knowledge of Indirect tax processes and a great idea of what ‘excellent’ looks like, with experience in a Sarbanes-Oxley environment, or similar
- Fluent in English
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Based in Portugal and reporting to the Director Indirect Tax the role would suit someone who is looking for a hands-on role, using their indirect tax operations and project management skills, analyzing processes, designing solutions and project managing the implementation to help build an Indirect tax function for the future.