- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Senior Internal Control and Audit Manager will have primary responsibility for confirming the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting (in both design and application) for SOX 404 compliance, as well as planning and overseeing the teams carrying out internal audit work and ad-hoc special projects. You will have review and management responsibility to ensure the effectiveness of work performed by other members of the team. Additionally, you will lead other special projects to ensure we have implemented internal controls including acting as a contact for specified major acquisitions. This highly visible role will work with senior management on a multi-functional and multi-regional level.
What you’ll do
- You will support the Head of Internal Audit throughout the annual audit planning process, including determination of scope and testing approaches to ensure all important business risks and controls are evaluated
- You will lead the teams performing Internal Audit, Sarbanes-Oxley and Regulatory Compliance reviews, using your experience to confirm the team’s evaluation of the adequacy (both design and operating effectiveness) of controls for FARFETCH business units and key business processes
- You will guide internal audits to contribute to the organisation, raising the profile of the team and ensuring we are seen as a center of excellence by senior management, partners and regulators
- You will oversee the reporting process, ensuring our message is clear in both our written reports and our verbal communication to our stakeholders, ensuring their complete understanding of issues identified and agreement on actions
- You will be a leader and mentor, with line management and development responsibility for up to six members of the team
- You will take ownership of building our relationship with our External Auditors to ensure the smooth running of the audit engagement, including challenging them where necessary, and driving them to meet our high standards
Who you are
- You are a qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) or Internal Auditor (MCIIA, CIA or equivalent) with a range of post-qualified experience, and a internal audit and/or SOX background
- You have experience in an internal audit or financial compliance position within a publicly listed company, preferably within the USA
- You have a detailed understanding of the IIA Professional Practices Framework, Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 and the requirements of COSO 2013
- You have people management skills, with the ability to coach and mentor junior team members
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
The Senior Internal Control and Audit Manager will have primary responsibility for confirming the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting (in both design and application) for SOX 404 compliance, as well as planning and overseeing the teams carrying out internal audit work and ad-hoc special projects.