- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Senior Internal Control and Audit Specialist will undertake internal audit assignments, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance work as well support on ad-hoc special projects. You will work with the Internal Control and Audit Specialists and have responsibility for initial review of their work. Additionally, you will partner closely with the Internal Control and Audit Manager on complex audit work.
What you’ll do
- You will assist the Internal Control and Audit Manager in the development of testing approaches for assigned projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated.
- You will have responsibility to establish working relationships with business and finance management and process owners
- You will undertake and partner with the Internal Control and Audit Manager to project-lead internal audits, Sarbanes-Oxley and Regulatory Compliance reviews with responsibility to test the adequacy (both design and operating effectiveness) of controls for FARFETCH business units and key business processes, including process mapping key financial cycles
- You will complete internal controls test procedures, communicating findings noted from the reviews to the Internal Control and Audit management team and evaluating control deficiencies identified
- You will take responsibility to ensure that previously reported audit and control findings are followed up within appropriate timescales
- You will take ownership of daily management of our GRC tool, and the execution, follow up and reporting of our quarterly control assessments
- You will support the Internal Control and Audit management team to track the remediation of control deficiencies together with the process owners.
Who you are
- You are a qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) or Internal Auditor (MCIIA, CIA or equivalent)
- Experience working in an internal audit and/or a SOX background
- You can demonstrate solid experience of flowcharting, documentation and process mapping
- You have excellent technical, and problem-solving skills and are comfortable working both in a team and on your own
- You have a naturally inquisitive, and tenacious character but you are also pragmatic
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- The Senior Internal Control and Audit Specialist will undertake internal audit assignments, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance work as well support on ad-hoc special projects. You will work with the Internal Control and Audit Specialists and have responsibility for initial review of their work