- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a global and collaborative team with the mission to create a “Happy People Revolution”, by building a world-class company and inspiring Farfetchers to live our values and grow with us. We foster our consciously inclusive culture by empowering individuality and building a diverse brand people dream to be a part of.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
Working closely with the People Business Partner, People Support & Payroll Specialist is responsible for the monthly payroll and is the point of contact for daily policies and procedures queries.
What you’ll do
- You will manage the end to end process for People administration through the employee life cycle’ including all the necessary legal proceedings associated with onboarding and termination processes;
- Prepare, validate and run the monthly payroll information (absences, allowance and extra time);
- Data Maintenance: providing administrative support, including maintaining personnel files, and 100% accuracy in the HR system and ensure all necessary paperwork is received and filed;
- Monitor and manage all queries in the centralized People Team mailbox within the internal timeframes;
- Ensure all audit and legal requirements and reports;
- Provide support and guidance to managers and employees on standard People Team policies and procedures, such as holidays or parent leave;
- Continuously improve People Team processes by identifying challenges and recommending opportunities to improve;
- Support general People Team projects, when necessary
Who you are
- A professional with a degree in a relevant field
- A professional with 4+ years of proven experience as payroll specialist
- Someone with attention to detail, confidentiality, stress management and high number of tasks management skills;
- An advanced user of MS Office (in particular Excel) and HRIS software (e.g. Meta4 / SAP/…)
- Knowledgeable of Payroll best practices
- Knowledgeable of the Portuguese legislation and other local regulations
- Fluent in English
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We’re a progressive and innovative team, comprising specialists in Recruitment, Learning & Development, Payroll, Compensation & Benefits, HR Systems and Internal Communications. Our work is as exciting as it is varied, as we shape the future for Farfetchers across the globe in creative and inspiring ways. From hiring stars for our fast-growing business, to providing our 1,300 innovators with the opportunity to learn and develop their talents. We are busy creating a ‘Happy People Revolution’ and a company that people dream of working for.