- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for an Infrastructure Database Engineer with a DevOps mindset obsessed with automation, scalability, performance and infrastructure reliability to join our database team. As part of this team, you will be responsible for guaranteeing database stability, performance and security. We maintain more than 700 VMs, divided into more than 50 clusters for SQL Server, Cassandra and MongoDB.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the development team to plan new applications and maintain current ones.
- Analyze database performance issues and come up with solutions to address those concerns.
- Owning, tracking and resolving database-related incidents and service requests within SLAs.
- Support all areas of the enterprise ensuring all databases run at optimal performance.
- Perform auditing, monitoring, capacity management and security patching of our database.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of databases and platforms.
Who you are
- Graduate in Computer Science or another technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in database development and production support in Cassandra.
- Knowledgeable of Cassandra 3.x.x in a multi-datacenter cluster and all the configurations.
- Experienced in writing and improving cql queries.
- Knowledgeable of backups, restores, compactions, repair and hints operations.
- Knowledge coding in Python and bash
- Troubleshooting experience.
- Experience working in Linux.
- Experience with the following technologies will be considered a plus:
- SQL Server, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Azure SQL Databases
- Cloud Solutions (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Proficient in English - written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- We are looking for an Infrastructure Database Engineer with a DevOps mindset obsessed with automation, scalability, performance and infrastructure reliability to join our database team.