- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our people. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a person who will be responsible for leading and developing a multi-disciplinary team of engineers working towards specific company goals.
You will be working in a very friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team. If you want to evolve, if you are willing to share knowledge and to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you’ll do
- You will lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers with different types of backgrounds (back end developers, UI developers and QAs):
- Set goals and development targets for the Engineers within managed team and support the team with feedback and development plans as they progress;
- Engage with the team Product Owner into building a backlog that continuously contributes to the execution of the roadmap;
- Contribute to the hiring, training and development plan for engineers within managed team;
- Assure the collaboration of managed team across different engineering teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practices and processes.
Who you are
- A graduate of a program in Information Systems or a related field
- A professional with proven solid technical background leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams towards goal achievement
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with solid understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement, preferable using Agile methodologies
- A person able to easily build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organization
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Responsible for leading and developing a multi-disciplinary team of engineers working towards specific company goals.