- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with a DevOps mindset obsessed about automation, scalability and infrastructure reliability for our Monitoring team. As part of this team, you will maintain, enhance, and scale our monitoring stack. We use our own tools, built on top of state-of-the-art technology, to build and manage an Infrastructure of +2000 cloud servers that support our production/live services and our teams of software engineers.
What you’ll do
- Develop automation and tools with a DevOps mindset on one or more strategic initiatives in the Infrastructure engineering team
- Provide the necessary means so that teams can maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Enjoy a full ownership model: you build it you own it
Who you are
- Graduate or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience
- Experienced in Linux, including provisioning, troubleshooting and hardening
- Knowledgeable of Monitoring solutions, in particular, Prometheus
- Experienced in Configuration management and orchestration knowledge
- Experienced in Public cloud providers (specifically Azure and AWS) with their APIs
- Knowledgeable of Frameworks like Kubernetes, Containers, Terraform
- Someone with solid experience with Python or Golang
- Focused on debugging and optimizing code
- You believe in open source and knowledge sharing
- You have passion about infrastructure, security and automation
- Proficient in English - written and verbal communication skills
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for an Engineer that is experienced in Infrastructure and has a DevOps mindset, who’ll be working in maintaining, enhancing and scaling our monitoring stack.