- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for Engineers passionate by Performance - people with a applicational Performance mindset obsessed about performance analysis, automation, scalability and infrastructure reliability. As part of this team, you will be joining +50 other high-experienced Engineers by developing automation and tools for Cloud Orchestration, Infrastructure Automation and CI/CD Pipelines, and support other teams on the test development, performance analysis and performance mindset evangelization.
We use our own tools, built on top of state of the art technology, to build and manage an Infrastructure of +2000 cloud servers that support our production/live services and our teams of software engineers.
What you’ll do
- Develop automation and tools to empower other teams on the Performance test development, execution and analysis.
- Follow good practices about scale, performance, geo-distribution, multi-cloud, multi-cdn, code maintenance, documentation etc. Keep Evolving, Keep Improving.
- Oversee what you build by supporting colleagues on using and extending the automation and tools so that they faster, better, harder, and stronger! You did it, you own it!
Who you are
- Engineer passionate about performance and building tools and automation for your fellows engineers.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
- Technical expertise:
- OS/Core Systems: Linux and Windows, but you need to have an overall knowledge of all key components of an Infrastructure.
- Programming: Python, Go, Java, .Net, bash, Powershell etc.
- Observability: Any time series database or distributed tracing system.
- APM: Any APM (commercial or not) as long you know the basic concepts, purpose and key features of an APM.
- CDN: Any CDN provider as long you know the basic CDN concepts and configuration capabilities.
- Performance testing tools: Good knowledge on client side and server-side performance tools.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that you are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for Engineers passionate by Performance - people with a applicational Performance mindset obsessed about performance analysis, automation, scalability and infrastructure reliability. As part of this team, you will join +50 other high-experienced Engineers by developing automation and tools for Cloud Orchestration, Infrastructure Automation and CI/CD Pipelines, and support other teams on the test development, performance analysis and performance mindset evangelization.