- Date Posted
- Nov. 8, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Lisbon office is located in Portugal’s cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch-ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer willing to work on software development. You will be joining a newly formed team in the Infrastructure and Security area. The products to be developed are related to Governance, Compliance and Cloud Cost Management & Reporting. You will build products and tools, built on top of state-of-the-art technology, to report a multi-cloud, geo-distributed Infrastructure with thousands of servers that supports our production/live services and our teams of software engineers.
What you’ll do
- Develop software products as a full stack developer to extract, transform and load (ETL) information related to Governance, Compliance and Cloud Costs. The front-end for the end user is also part of the product.
- Work with product management, colleagues and other stakeholders to clarify requirements and help them extract value from the data made available by the product. You’ll be reporting to the F-Tech Infrastructure, responsible for Farfetch Cloud Infrastructure.
- Fully own what you build by supporting the users on using and extending the Product. You did it, you own it!
Who you are
- Software Engineer (full stack developer) or Data Engineer with at least 2 years experience and a Cloud Infrastructure management and operation background.
- You know what GRC means.
- You are experienced in Agile development processes.
- Experienced in working on Linux Operating System but also Windows.
- Experienced in the following programming languages: Python, Go, Java, .Net, bash, power shell.
- Experienced on Cloud Platforms: Azure, GCE.
- Experienced in the following frameworks: Databricks, Bigquery, Looker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Proficient in English.
- You are not afraid of challenges. There are no “problems”, only a better challenge.
- You are proactive, you like to help others, “Team Player” is your Middle Name.
- You don’t want to learn, you need to learn.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back to the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.