- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for an Application Specialist to join our Farfetch Application Management and Support team. While providing excellent customer service, you will support our users on different Corporate Systems and report to our Senior Application Specialist.
What you’ll do
- You’ll assist end-users with user-specific settings and implement approved customization requests
- You’ll suggest alternative solutions to user specific requests within established standards
- You’ll problem troubleshooting, root cause analysis and implementation to prevent repeated occurrences
- You’ll monitor and ensure the health of different Corporate systems
- You’ll improve Corporate procedures to ensure increased reliability
- You’ll automate recurring manual procedures
- You’ll document guides to enhance Applicational Support
- You’ll develop end-user training materials.
Who you are
- Graduate in Computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience working with Java and C# and PowerShell or others.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Elastic search with Kibana and with Messaging Systems such as Ms MQ or JMS.
- Proficient in Confluence and JIRA tools.
- Experienced working in Agile environments and methodologies.
- Familiar with the fundamental principles of ITIL.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced working in large-scale organizations on a multinational level with a multicultural team.
- Able to work in a fast-moving operational environment with an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- You have good time management and multitasking skills.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- We are looking for an Application Specialist to join our Farfetch Application Management and Support team