- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We are an award-winning full service in-house Legal, Ethics and Compliance function. We’re based in the UK, Russia, Portugal, China, Italy, UAE and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects across all business units, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure FARFETCH goes from strength to strength.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Principal Legal Counsel (Corporate), you will enjoy a broad corporate role, delivering high quality legal advice and services. Your principal business stakeholder will be the Corporate Development team who are based in London and have a wide M&A remit, covering multiple jurisdictions and different types of transaction. This is a highly visible and exciting role in a well regarded, dynamic and growing team. This position will be ideal for a corporate lawyer looking to branch out in-house into a more business-focussed role and support the team on a wide range of corporate transactions. In addition to working with the team on global M&A, the role will encompass giving commercial and practical advice predominantly on all types of general corporate matters.
What you’ll do
- You will work on all corporate matters across the Group.
- Global M&A Transactions, Equity and Debt Capital Markets, Joint ventures, minority investments, restructurings and other intra-group arrangements
- Outward investments including by way of subscription for convertible loan notes and/or shares; and general corporate work and post-completion advisory work.
- You will provide advice and input on the assessment of potential opportunities
- Support the group’s corporate development strategy on a variety of strategic and internal projects
- Identify areas to develop and improve processes and operational efficiencies; and work closely with the Corporate Development team, Strategy Programme Managers and other stakeholders on the successful integration of newly-acquired businesses.
Who you are
- You are a UK qualified lawyer with 0-2 years’ PQE as a corporate lawyer
- You have excellent private practice training and ideally have some prior in-house exposure, perhaps in the form of a client secondment
- You are passionate about consumer-led businesses
- You have strong organisational skills and have experience taking responsibility for and managing workstreams, such as due diligence or disclosure exercises
- You have excellent communication, negotiating and drafting skills, and have experience in drafting and negotiating corporate transaction documents
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We’re looking for a corporate lawyer to join our growing and dynamic team. This newly-created role is based in London but involves working on global transactions. You will be part of a cross-functional team to achieve some of Farfetch’s most strategic projects.