- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We are an award-winning full service in-house Legal, Ethics and Compliance function. We’re based in the UK, Russia, Portugal, China, Italy, UAE and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects across all business units, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure FARFETCH goes from strength to strength.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting directly to the Principal Legal Counsel (Corporate), you will enjoy a broad corporate role, delivering high-quality legal advice and services, with a focus on complex matters. Your principal business stakeholder will be the Corporate Development team who are based in London and have a wide M&A remit, covering multiple jurisdictions and different types of transaction. This is a highly visible and exciting role in a well regarded, dynamic and growing team. This senior position will be ideal for an experienced corporate lawyer looking to branch out in-house into a more business-focussed role. In addition to having the opportunity to take a leading role in global M&A transactions, the role will encompass giving advice predominantly on all types of general corporate matters including on outward investments, and with international stakeholders on new corporate opportunities.
What you’ll do
- You will work on all corporate matters across the Group.
- Global M&A Transactions, equity and debt capital markets, and joint ventures, minority investments, restructurings and other complex intra-group arrangements.
- Outward investments including by way of subscription for convertible loan notes and/or shares; and general corporate work and post-completion advisory work.
- Provide strategic advice and input on the assessment of potential opportunities
- Support the group’s corporate development strategy on a variety of strategic and internal projects
- Proactively identify areas to develop and continuously improve processes and operational efficiencies; and work closely with the Corporate Development team, Strategy Programme Managers and other stakeholders on the successful integration of newly-acquired businesses.
Who you are
- You are a UK qualified lawyer with 3 + years’ PQE as a corporate lawyer
- You have excellent private practice training or prior in-house exposure, perhaps in the form of a client secondment, and you are passionate about consumer-led businesses
- You have experience of leading corporate transactions and advising on different structures and are able to work autonomously
- You have strong leadership skills and can manage and develop more junior members of a team
- You have experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating multiple corporate transaction documents and can advise internal stakeholders in a manner consistent with the strategic goals and values of the business
- You have strong organisational skills with the ability to oversee and achieve multi-faceted projects, in a global context.
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We’re looking for a senior corporate lawyer to join our growing and dynamic team. This newly-created role is based in London but involves working on global transactions. This is an opportunity to be part of a cross-functional team to deliver some of Farfetch’s most strategic internal and external projects.