- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
Commercial & sustainability
We’re partnering with the world’s best brands, boutiques and department stores to provide our customers with a unique shopping experience and access to the most extensive selection of luxury on a single platform. We work with all areas of FARFETCH to achieve business success and to improve our social and environmental impact. We want to empower our consumers to think, act and choose positively while offering an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
While Hard Luxury categories are amongst the fastest-growing in the business, there are headwinds to selling these categories in a predominantly online environment. Fine Watches in particular, with a heavy brand reliance on Wholesale dictated by stringent selective distribution criteria, the ubiquitous presence of the grey market, and the growing appeal of pre-owned timepieces influenced by customer pricing and sustainability preferences, present unique challenges and opportunities. FARFETCH has the responsibility to evolve the Hard Luxury space, providing modern positioning and a brand-building sales channel to supply partners, and presenting industry-leading assortment and new experiences to customers all over the world.
What you’ll do
- You will report to the Director of Category Management
- You will manage two category managers across Watches & Jewellery, who are subject-matter-experts in their categories
- Build a 3-year strategy for Hard Luxury on Farfetch, in collaboration with Commercial team members such as Business Development & Account Management, and with Private Client, Operations, and Marketing
- Develop outstanding client relationships (targeting the world’s largest Hard Luxury Groups and independent brands), garnering senior client partner buy-in to FARFETCH as a preferred partner
- Represent the Hard Luxury categories within the Pre-Owned Key Strategic Initiative, formalising a plan for Where To Play and How To Win within the secondary market, and supporting in the development of FARFETCH services (e.g., buyback programme) that touch Watches & Jewellery
- Provide a strategic point-of-view around category innovations (e.g., Virtual-Try-On, pre-order, financing)
- Hold P&L responsibility (along with the Category Managers themselves) and be accountable for trade performance
- You will be the champion of Hard Luxury within the FARFETCH Group, galvanising support and enthusiasm for the category
Who you are
- Experience in a Hard Luxury leadership role required; experienced as a category manager, account manager, brand manager, or other similar role in a business focussed on Fine Watches
- Expertise in managing complex projects
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational excellence
- Commercially minded - strong focus on business development and growth with the ability to work towards metrics and targets
- Client-focused ability to pitch Farfetch to prospective brand clients & sell the dream of what partnering with Farfetch looks like
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
FARFETCH is looking for a Head of Hard Luxury to oversee both the Jewellery & Watches categories, focussing not only on the marketplace, but working across the Farfetch Group to lend category expertise and strategic direction to Fashion Concierge/Private Client, Browns, Stadium Goods, and NGG.