- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re passionate about operational excellence, acting with our customers and partners always in our heart. Covering the entire order journey, we create our online content, secure payments and fraud process compliance, ensure order fulfilment and delivery, while providing customer and partner care. In a nutshell, we love to create seamless and memorable luxury experiences for our customers all around the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
Logistics Optimization mission is to ensure a consistent and seamless order experience, maximizing its value, leveraging robust analytics to design and optimize our global operations. The Logistics Strategy & Optimization Manager will report to the Head of Optimization and will lead a team of analytical and strategic profiles that support all functional areas within logistics to monitor, create insights, recommendations as well as identify solutions and drive E2E initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Lead teams that are responsible for the following type of activities:
- Constant monitoring and pursue of new opportunities for cost and order experience transformation
- Drive relevant business value by actively looking for Logistics Optimization opportunities
- Work with external providers and technology teams to deliver E2E initiatives
- Sound reporting and monitoring over all logistics P&L lines identifying trends or areas that require improvements
- Design team framework and ways of working
- Support the pricing strategy with regards to the cross-border transactions with regards to customs cost estimation and Duties & Taxes
- Monitoring and actively managing D&T, Carrier and process variances at country level
- Identify gaps within the logistics portfolio and launch new initiatives where needed in alignment with functional areas
- Provide recommendations, through research and study, on trade risks and opportunities for new global, regional or local initiatives
- Be on top of key regulatory changes across demand markets and innovations within the logistics landscape
Who you are
- Management or Engineering academic background;
- Work experience in management consulting, e-commerce and /or global operations highly valued
- Work experience of 8+ years, including management of senior profiles and multiple team layers
- Highly fluent in English
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.