- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our Los Angeles office is found in the centre of downtown LA. Our office is in one of the city’s tallest buildings with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, the mountains and the Hollywood sign. Inside, the office is full of plants and beautiful furniture, with amenities and work areas that allow Farfetchers to design their day to be the best it can be. Some of the main teams located here include Operations, Customer Service and Production.
You will join our progressive Production Planning team focusing mostly on planning our production of digital contents. You will work in LA Studio, and being an intermediary, liaising both with the commercial and production teams and reporting to the Production Operations Manager.
What you’ll do
- You will approve and input all requested partner studio shipments/slots within daily set capacities and manage prioritization of daily arrivals within set guidelines
- You will work with Commercial teams to make sure that product demand needs are met and maximized
- You will oversee the scheduling of product within the US Production studio allocating studios and resources to balance volume, service level agreement, and budgetary requirements
- You will creative problem solve when resource and product constraints require additional product chasing or partner flexibility (i.e., work with Commercial teams for more product, and communicate held product)
- You will communicate with the Commercial teams to exchange information about the partners’ needs, volume, and the production process
- You will oversee feedback loop on cross-departmental shared goals (i.e., slotting accuracy, cancelation issues, category accuracy)
- You will provide resource planning for production operations and determine resource allocations per workstation and activities
- You will follow a range of time, cost and quality Service level agreements as expected on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis à
- You will monitor performance and business KPIs, taking actions to achieve the targets, at a predictable cost
- You will monitor variations in planned vs actuals in planning and, sets priorities and alters plans through consultation with Production teams
- You will analyze KPIs to Identify potential efficiency improvements determines solutions for at-risk areas
- You will support budget calculation
- You will partner with the Global Planning team to understand budget impacts and constraints and manages and controls associated costs and resources for the production team
- You will partner with Global Planning team to adjusts long-term schedules in response to production and costs optimization goals
- You will apply continuous improvement and support process optimization related to procedures, techniques and systems and identifies and evaluates bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Management, Supply Chain or equivalent experience
- You have 3+ years experience in a similar
- You have advanced planning and analytical skills
- You are advance in Excel (can perform complex functions)
- You have the ability to negotiate and influence decisions
- You can work under the pressure
- SQL programming is a plus
- Experience in the fashion industry not essential but nice to have
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, with flexible spending account
- 401K plus company match, PTO and volunteer days
- Wellness, and cell phone reimbursements
- Family Lunch, catered weekly when in office
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- We’re looking for a Production Planner to come on board and join our Los Angeles Production team!