- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub. Our open-plan space is ideal for collaborative working. When you’re not doing what’s never been done, you can enjoy a team lunch on our large outdoor terrace, or join a yoga class in our dedicated studio.
Reporting into the FPS Senior Content Manager, with a dotted line to the Farfetch Head of Linguistic Services, you will be helping to develop our future strategy for localisation, implementing processes and providing workflow solutions for the FPS translations team, as well as being responsible for the timely and successful delivery to stakeholders. Spanning nine current languages with the scope to develop many more in the near future, you will take ownership of the development, quality and productivity of this dynamic team. Every day will provide a new opportunity and the workload will become increasingly varied as the FPS team expands its reach. You will be used to working in an environment which is fast-paced, ideally this would have been leading an in-house translations team or a senior creative agency role.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team responsible for translating and localising webtext, flat content, product descriptions, brand bios, listing pages and transactional emails for a multitude of luxury fashion brands, as well as responding to ad hoc translation requests
- Manage the delivery of complex language projects across a range of different clients. You will receive briefs from different teams within FPS and allocate across different translation teams
- Implement improvements for internal or external processes
- Hire and develop a team of permanent and freelance translators, growing the workforce to support new site launches
- Work with the FPS Senior Content Manager and FPS Commercial team to help develop our future strategy for localisation
- Support the FPS Senior Content Supervisor in their planning and communication with all partners, creating content timelines and creating streamlined workflow processes for new website launches and seasonal collections
- Provide projections and forecasts for resources
- Collect all the necessary information to ensure the completion of all translation requests and collaborate with other teams to ensure smooth production of translation materials to deadline
- Represent the FPS Content team at client meetings
- Work closely with the Farfetch language supervisors to create tone of voice documents and copywriting examples for clients and monitor the quality of brand copy created
- Work with our core copywriting team to ensure tone of voice is kept consistent across all languages
- Prepare translation quotes and invoices for clients, working with the FPS Finance team
- Monitor productivity and SLAs for your team
Who you are
- A linguist – someone who lives and breathes language
- A translation specialist with project management experience
- You have experience either leading an in-house translation team, or in a senior position at an agency
- You have experience managing external partners
- You have knowledge of translation memory, machine translation and translation management workflows/software
- Expert knowledge of luxury fashion brands and products
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Responsible for developing our future strategy for localisation, implementing processes and providing workflow solutions for the FPS translations team, as well as being responsible for the timely and successful delivery to stakeholders.