- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re passionate about operational excellence, acting with our customers and partners always in our heart. Covering the entire order journey, we create our online content, secure payments and fraud process compliance, ensure order fulfilment and delivery, while providing customer and partner care. In a nutshell, we love to create seamless and memorable luxury experiences for our customers all around the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
You will manage the evolution of our physical operating model. This role is essential to design and implement the Farfetch Supply Chain of the future, one that positions, moves and delivers our stock in a way that maximizes service to Customers optimizes our cost and profitability and minimizes our environmental impact.
What you’ll do
- You will report to the Supply Chain Director and work together with the Logistics, Commercial, Tax and Strategy Teams to gather the requirements, evolution and specificities of the Business at a regional and global level.
- Identify regions, routes and demand clusters that are (or will soon be) under or inefficiently served and create the vision for evolving our global supply chain network.
- Run the physical network design function modelling the introduction of new Fulfilment by Farfetch (FxFF) warehouses and their impact on Customer service, sustainability and cost.
- Develop, together with the Logistics Planning Team, our stock deployment strategy, defining coverage for each of the warehouses, their area of influence on service and cost in the area.
- Challenge, simulate and support our Delivery Team in the development of our regional delivery capabilities.
- Guide the physical operations transformation agenda, be the champion for service improvement, sustainability and cost optimization in our Global Operations.
Who you are
- More than 5 years of experience in operations management or consultancy in Supply Chain Strategy and Design within Retail or E-commerce environments.
- BA or master’s in economics, engineering, statistics, management or supply chain.
- Able to turn data into knowledge and knowledge into a vision.
- An extraordinary modeler, able to lead the creation of simulations that feed all our strategic decisions by predicting their impact on Customer service, cost and sustainability.
- An experienced people manager.
- Fluent in English.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- This role is essential to design and implement the Farfetch Supply Chain of the future.