- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Product Management
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we’re the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We’re a creative team inclusive of Social Media, Editorial, Communications and Brand streams. We are focused on putting Browns on the map by curating and cultivating unique brand experiences in Browns distinct tone of voice. We are passionate about developing an inclusive community through the love of fashion, music, art, culture, food and beyond, to truly inspire and amaze our customers.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will lead the creative content streams in the business and oversees all aspects of brand marketing, content, editorial, social media, communications, events, partnerships and community. The role of the Brand Engagement Director is to promote public perception of the company fusing product, culture, community and creativity together to build and amplify the Browns narrative across a multichannel landscape and to tell the story of the Browns brand through exciting activations, content creation and experiences.
What you’ll do
- You will lead on the strategic planning process of the Browns brand whilst delivering a creative and tactical approach to brand marketing, community, social media, editorial content and communications by creating a memorable calendar of dynamic brand moments.
- You will oversee sign off on all visual and written content and ensure that message is aligned with on and offline platforms and ensure Brand Engagement achieves a consistent visual message and tone of voice across the Browns brand.
- You will partner with various senior leaders across the Browns and FARFETCH business (for example, Buying Director, E-commerce Director, Customer Experience Director, Visual Experience Director) to define, plan and lead the important moments and messages for the Browns brand from a strategic level, driving public perception of the company.
- You will help your team to work in harmony to identify opportunities to amplify the Browns brand on a global scale, offering your expertise and guidance on creating important moments and messages, challenging your team to be unique and relevant in their concept generation and execution.
- You will oversee the development of all strategic brand, messaging and content strategies across all Brand Engagement streams.
- You will negotiate and take decisions on strategic partnerships with third parties and suppliers to achieve our goals, from global communications agencies to talent and media partners.
- You will oversee the brand marketing strategy for Browns and be on the pulse of global creative culture, identifying important influencers within the Browns network to produce collaborative content.
- You will contribute to the vision and strategy for the future of customer experience at Browns, advocating for innovation by generating concepts and working closely with the Customer Experience Director on VIC events and activations to ensure on brand and messaging and experience is consistent.
- You will work closely with the Ecommerce Director to maximise the communications, brand marketing, partnership, social media and editorial opportunities across brownsfashion.com and ensure alignment across relevant campaigns.
- You will determine tailored KPI’s for your teams and be accountable for the metrics and reporting of Brand engagement activity, communicating results to important partners.
- You will partner with the Managing Director and People Leadership team to achieve plans aimed to influence all employees to be brand custodians and advocates of the Browns brand and culture.
- You will mentor your team with emphasis on your direct reports, building their capability as creative leaders and brand advocates.
Who you are
- You are a leader in the space of brand and marketing with exposure to the multichannel luxury fashion landscape.
- You have a wealth of experience in navigating and embracing a multichannel landscape.
- You have an established network of global media contacts and use these to achieve results.
- You inspire people, aligning others to common goals.
- You have a global mindset, always able to consider tone of voice and messaging for a global audience, living and breathing our ‘Think Global’ value in all that you do.
- You are a decision maker, able to consider information with a balanced view and consider long-term impact to protect our brand equity.
- You are able to navigate complex, sensitive and unexpected situations, whether they are specific to Browns or global phenomenon’s, applying empathy and a solution focus.
Rewards & benefits
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 33 day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving’s Isa’s, ClassPass and more
- Discount of 50% off at Browns
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
- Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.
- This opportunity of Brand Engagement Director is available for a 12 month fixed-term period.