- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Product Management
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We are a diverse, dynamic, global team of content creators, dedicated to communicating the Farfetch message to our customer. From catalogue management and product data, to size & fit solutions and localisation, the Content umbrella manages end to end content and asset creation, creating a unique luxury experience, found only on Farfetch.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
You will focus on sub-editing ‘revolutionary’ content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localising content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be responsible for reviewing written content for our German customers.
You will have some experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally, this would have been within a translation, copywriting or editorial role.
What you’ll do
- You will review German editorial features according to house style; working to tight deadlines and check accuracy of copy against images as well as grammar, spelling and formatting
- You will be editing product descriptions and partner training materials
- You will be reviewing German website content and communications to ensure all content reaches the necessary high standards, whilst also retaining our distinct Farfetch voice
- Ensure all copy is clear, concise and localised where relevant
- Work with our core editing team to ensure tone of voice is kept consistent across all channels
Who you are
- You have fluency in German (native level) and English
- You have an engaging, accurate and adaptable writing style, with impeccable grammar
- You are able to quickly synthesize the core message of a statement and write engaging copy for different target audiences
- You have a thorough understanding of the various stylistic nuances of the German language and are able to adapt to in-house ToV guidelines
- You have meticulous attention to detail
- You have knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- You’ll be aware of designers, brands, styles, culture and trends
- You have a strong understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You have the ability to work independently and collaborate
- You have the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
Non-essential but desirable
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
- You have experience within luxury fashion in editorial magazines or blogs
- You have experience with Term-Management and CAT tools
- You have experience with working in localization projects for e-commerce website, preferably luxury fashion retail
Through your application, we want to understand the skills and experiences you have that make you the perfect fit for this role and for FARFETCH. We’re passionate about creating the conditions for Farfetchers to grow and develop but we’re also looking for people who can hit the ground running, so make sure to apply for a position where you feel you can thrive.