- Date Posted
- Jun. 20, 2021
- Product Management
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Senior FPS Linguistic Services Supervisor, you will support an AI-based localisation project post-editing machine translated content for a globally recognised luxury department store. You will work with a dedicated Chinese localisation team and a Translations Project Manager to ensure delivery of high-quality content. Flexibility and a collaborative attitude are very important for this new role. You will have some experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within an editing or sub-editing role but a translator or linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion and lifestyle will also be considered.
What you’ll do
- You will post-edit machine translated creative site copy such as editorial content and brand bios
- Support with maintaining high-quality translations memories
- You might be required to localise product information and web text
- You will work as part of a dedicated Chinese localisation team, following brand guidelines and ensuring tone of voice is kept consistent across all content verticals
- You will establish routines and standards with the team, including reporting, feedback and other quality checks
Who you are
- Native Mandarin speaker
- Fluent in English
- Expert knowledge of luxury fashion and lifestyle brands and products
- You have a great writing style that is accurate, with an impeccable use of grammar, syntax and cultural references
- You understand garment and accessory construction
- You have good knowledge of the luxury fashion e-commerce landscape in China, its players and its consumers
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS and have experience working with translation management systems
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- You will join a progressive and innovative Content Production team, producing content for a leading and globally recognised luxury department store.