- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Product Management
Reporting into the Chinese Content Lead, you will join a progressive and innovative Content team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do.
You’ll focus on creating, editing and trans-localising ‘revolutionary’ content, including product description, emails, marketing copy, UX copy, whilst maintaining a strong commercial tone and Farfetch’s distinct tone of voice.
You will work with a dedicated Chinese content team to ensure timely delivery of high quality content.
You will have some experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within an editing or sub-editing role but a translator or linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion and lifestyle will also be considered.
What You’ll Do:
- Create or post-edit machine translated product descriptions for Traditional Chinese customers
- Support with maintaining high quality translation memories
- Transcreate various Traditional Chinese creative copy, including editorials, emails, promotions, and other marketing content
- Be a quality guardian for our Traditional Chinese tone of voice and an expert on particular fashion brands and categories
- Establish routines and standards with the team, including reporting, feedback and other quality checks.
Who You Are:
- Native proficiency in Traditional Chinese (Taiwan or Hong Kong)
- Fluency in English is a must
- Degree in Chinese, Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experiences
- Experience in working with an in-house CMS (Content Management System) CAT (computer-aided-translation) tools
- Experience in doing large volumes of translations in the fashion field
- Experience in managing language specific style guides and glossaries
- Past experience in other e-commerce platforms are nice to have
- Localization Project Management experience would be a plus.