- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Product Management
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting directly to the Content Supervisor - Dutch, you will be responsible for transcreating and localising revolutionary content. You will ensure that our copy is customer-centric, effective and tailored across all FARFETCH channels, whilst capturing and protecting the FARFETCH tone of voice. Proven experience writing and transcreating content is preferred, as is having a sound understanding of the luxury e-commerce landscape in The Netherlands. To succeed in this role, you will have an extensive knowledge of the Dutch language. You will benefit from working with a large multi-lingual team of around 120+ employees within FARFETCH, which will present unique opportunities to work with various departments and to learn cutting-edge localisation tools and solutions.
What you’ll do
- You will be copywriting and transcreating editorial features and marketing content including (but not limited to) emails, advertisements and social posts
- You will be an expert on fashion brands and categories
- You will ensure all copy follows our Tone of Voice and Style Guide across all channels and reaches our Quality Standard
- You will work closely with other content creators to bring new ideas to optimise the content and to identify the areas to improve
- You will establish routines and standards for the team, including reporting, feedback and other quality checks
- You will be responsible for evolving the language within the business
Who you are
- You are highly proficient writing in Dutch, and have a good level of fluency in English
- You have a firm understanding of tone of voice, able to adapt style to suit specific context
- You have a great writing and transcreating style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar, syntax and cultural references
- You enjoy collaborating and working with multiple stakeholders
- You have good knowledge of the luxury fashion e-commerce landscape in The Netherlands, its players and its consumers. Ideally, this would have been within a translation, copywriting or editorial role
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
As the Senior Content Writer - Dutch, you will be responsible for transcreating and localising revolutionary content. You will ensure that our copy is customer-centric and tailored across all FARFETCH channels, whilst capturing and protecting the FARFETCH tone of voice.