- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Professional Services
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re dedicated to delivering the ultimate luxury shopping experience to our most loyal clients around the globe. Our powerhouse team made up of Personal Stylists, Marketing, Client Development, Customer Service and Operations are committed to ensuring our clients receive an unrivalled premium service – available only on FARFETCH.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
Reporting to the Studio Lead with the support of the Deputy Styling Editor, the Stylist will prepare and execute outfits following each of our brands’ guidelines, whilst guaranteeing productivity and efficiency.
What you’ll do
- You’ll style high volumes of product, in both women’s and menswear respecting brands’ guidelines and styling documentation;
- You’ll maintain high quality standards whilst achieving defined Goals and staying up-to-date with FPS Art Direction;
- You’ll work with Styling assistant during prep days and in organising shooting order for each day while managing daily targets;
- You’ll style on set, ensuring product is well represented with high attention to detail;
- You’ll stay up-to-date on industry tools, techniques, and best practices in styling;
- You’ll work with photographer on-set to co-direct the model and select the best poses that showcase the product at its best, highlighting key areas of interest;
- You’ll communicate with all elements of the team (Photographer, Styling Assistant, Digitech, Model and Makeup Artist);
- You’ll flag any relevant retouching notes to Digitechs;
- You’ll contribute with a and up-to-date visual culture whilst developing knowledge of brands and creators;
- You’ll contribute with research and ideas for creative tests and ongoing projects and reviewing imagery from previous shoots and having good understanding of what went well and what could have been done better;
- You’ll make recommendations for continuous improvement on workflow and processes;
- You’ll work with Studio Lead and Deputy Styling Editor to understand photoshoot priorities;
Who you are
- Experience and portfolio in styling gained in both editorial and e-commerce environments;
- A comprehensive understanding and interest in the Global luxury fashion landscape, encompassing photography, fashion trends and new ideas;
- Experience working with models;
- Grasp of garment construction, fabrics, colour and matching;
- Contribute to the collaborative and creative culture within the FPS team, ensuring everyone can contribute to how we redefine e-commerce;
- Focus on driving excellence and high-quality results;
- Fluency in English~ m;
- Ability to follow creative ideas and briefs;
- Able to adapt to the specificities of each bran and while always achieving quality standards;
- Knowledge of Windows/Macintosh-based equipment within a network environment;
- Regular user of IT systems (MS Office, Google Docs, Google Slides and Google Sheets);
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Reporting to the Studio Lead with the support of the Deputy Styling Editor, the Stylist will prepare and build outfits following each of our brands’ guidelines, whilst guaranteeing productivity and efficiency.