- Date Posted
- Jun. 20, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
To be part of Farfetch’s Android Mobile Engineering Team as an Engineering Lead, you will lead a diverse team of engineers working towards our goals. You will oversee the end-to-end development of Android applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch. You’ll also have the chance to make sure the release cycle is up to the highest standards regarding building, testing, and deploying Android apps.
What you’ll do
- You will lead a diverse team of engineers with different types of backgrounds and report to the Mobile Engineering Manager;
- Set goals and development targets for the Engineers within a managed team and support the team with feedback and development plans as they progress;
- Engage with the team’s Product Owner into building a backlog that contributes to the execution of the roadmap;
- Assure the collaboration of the team across different engineering teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practices;
- Promote feature development and help improve end-to-end product quality;
- Contribute for cross team development of common libraries;
- Help establish best practices on Android development and contribute for a sharing and learning environment;
- Be committed to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment;
- Work with other Product Development teams to improve consistency and timing of releases;
Who you are
- A professional with solid technical background leading diverse engineering teams towards goal achievement;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with the understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement, preferable using Agile methodologies;
- Experienced in Android development with at least one released app;
- Understanding of client-side and the API backend stack;
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- You’ll manage the end-to-end development of Android applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch.