- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Software Engineering
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our people. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
To be part of Farfetch’s iOS Mobile Engineering Team as an Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for leading and developing a multi-disciplinary team of engineers working towards specific company goals.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of iOS applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch. This role consists in leading the development of top notch Swift/ Objective-C code and resort to battle hardened design patterns. It isn’t just about writing iOS apps, you’ll also have the chance to make sure the release cycle is up to the highest standards regarding building, testing and deploying iOS apps.
What you’ll do
- You will lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers with different types of backgrounds;
- Set goals and development targets for the Engineers within managed team and support the team with feedback and development plans as they progress;
- Engage with the team Product Owner into building a backlog that continuously contributes to the execution of the roadmap;
- Contribute to the hiring, training and development plan for engineers within managed team;
- Assure the collaboration of managed team across different engineering teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practices and processes;
- Drive feature development and help improve end-to-end product quality;
- Contribute for cross team development of common libraries;
- Help define best practices on iOS development and contribute for a share and learn driven environment;
- Be fully committed to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment;
- Work closely with other Product Development teams to improve consistency and timing of releases;
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology.
Who you are
- A professional with proven solid technical background leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams towards goal achievement;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with solid understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement, preferable using Agile methodologies;
- Experienced in iOS development with at least one released app;
- Understanding of client side development as well as the API backend stack;
- Detail oriented and have excellent teamwork skills;
- Energetic, creative and fun to work with;
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.