- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to be part of Farfetch Platform Solutions Team and lead a versatile team of engineers. You’ll manage one of our Software Development Clusters in our Platform area. These teams are working towards the evolution of our platform capabilities. This means you will build motivated teams, on value delivery, where engineers feel supported in their career growth. The Engineering Manager is important in setting the technological direction to assure that teams have a clear vision for the future, plan roadmap execution and communicate with the different partners.
What you’ll do
- Manage a versatile team of engineers, with different types of backgrounds (Engineering Leads, Back-end Software Engineers);
- Support the personal growth of direct reports and other team members with relevant feedback and clear development plans;
- Engage with the Product Management structure (e.g. Product Owners) and transform product evolution strategy into an execution plan. Engage with the relevant team members to keep them informed of the execution status and risks/mitigation actions;
- Be an active voice in promoting the adherence to the defined global engineering best practices, encouraging a culture of continuous improvement by managing important indicators and goals, implementing manageable improvements whenever necessary;
- Create a work environment where teams feel safe to fail and learn, empowered to take action and most of all highly engaged with team and their goals.
Who you are
- Graduated in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field;
- 5+ years experience in managing software development teams;
- A professional with previous consolidated experiences in Software Engineering Management and Project Management responsibilities including exposure to external development partners/outsourcers;
- A professional with solid technical background, working with or leading diverse engineering teams towards goal achievement;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with understanding of all different phases, from creation all the way through implementation and continuous improvement;
- Passionate for technology and software development, with solid knowledge on how to build an end-to-end product and proficiency in large-scale / distributed systems architecture;
- Experienced in Engineering Management roles in Large-scale Product Development organisations is a differentiating factor;
- Experienced in working in large-scale organisations on a multinational level with a multicultural team;
- Knowledgeable in Agile methodologies (Kanban or Scrum);
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.