- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
As an Engineering Lead in the architecture group, you will lead and develop a team that provides foundation services/frameworks to be used by other engineering teams, working alongside architects to discover new ways to improve our world-class e-commerce platform’s underlying technology. If you are ready to embrace exciting new challenges, continuously gather and share new knowledge, if you are a natural people leader and have the desire to grow an outstanding team, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Lead a multidisciplinary agile team of engineers with willing to bring the best product to the company by:
- Set goals and development targets for the Engineers within the managed team and support the team with feedback and development plans as they progress;
- Engage with the architects, engineering teams and business into building a backlog that continuously contributes to the execution of the roadmap;
- Contribute to the hiring, training and development plan for engineers within the managed team;
- Assure the collaboration of managed team across different engineering teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practices;
- Engage new technologies by researching and identified the adoption into the Farfetch Platform.
Who you are
- A professional experienced as a developer engineer;
- A professional with solid technical background leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams towards goal achievement;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with an understanding of all different phases, from creation all the way through implementation and continuous improvement, using Agile methodologies;
- Ability to build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organization.
- As a plus you are capable to act as a technical reference and evangelist for the use of state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies such as:
- C# or similar object-oriented programming language;
- Best practices, methodologies and design patterns for writing applications;
- SOA and service communication using RESTful APIs;
- Unit testing frameworks;
- Large-scale distributed applications;
- Apache Cassandra or similar;
- Apache Kafka or similar.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for an Engineering Lead to lead and develop a team that provides foundation services/frameworks to be used by other engineering teams and work with your fellow architects to discover new ways to improve our world-class e-commerce platform’s underlying technology.