- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a Mobile Software Engineer to integrate our R&D team focused on our platform for luxury fashion users and partners. Our mission is to pave the way for Farfetch’s next generation ideas. If you love to learning, exploring and building the world of tomorrow with bleeding edge technologies, you might feel at home.
What you’ll do
- Work with Farfetch Architecture and Engineering teams to ensure that a solution fits all necessary requirements;
- Conduct research, conceptualizing, designing and implementing solutions;
- Work on projects to be the basis for Farfetch future product roadmaps;
- Design Proof of Concept applications to assess the viability of a proposed solution;
- Bring new ideas to solve daily problems;
- Develop and manage foundation services, applications and frameworks used by multiple platforms and engineering teams;
- Provide operational support for kick-starting technical projects and validate technical solutions;
- Design simple solutions to complex problems ensuring availability and performance.
Who you are
- A professional with +3 years of experience, ideally with exposure to research;
- Involved in the development community, frequently contributing to open source projects;
- A motivated person who is eager for learning and sharing knowledge;
- A team player and great communicator (English is mandatory, Portuguese is optional but preferred);
- A person with great ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information;
- Experienced in iOS development with at least one released app (solo or as a team member);
- Experienced in working with Swift
- Knowledgeable about REST API architecture
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- If you love to learn and explore the world of tomorrow with bleeding edge technologies, you might feel at home.