- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Lisbon office is located in Portugal’s cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!
We are looking for a mobile developer who will manage the end-to-end development of iOS applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch´s Store of the Future. This role consists in writing top-notch Swift code and resort to battle hardened design patterns. You will report to the Engineering Lead of Store of the Future´s three mobile teams.
What you’ll do
- Promote feature development and help improve end-to-end product quality.
- Experiment with UI Automation, fully automated build pipelines and API integration testing whilst also contributing to cross team development of common libraries.
- Be committed to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Work closely with other Product Development teams to improve consistency and timing of releases.
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology.
Who you are
- Experienced in iOS development with at least one released app (solo or as a team member);
- Experienced in working with Objective-C and Swift;
- Knowledgeable about REST API architecture;
- Understanding of client-side development and the API back-end stack;
- Eager to get nerdy about memory management, UI layout/rendering and UI/network performance;
- Creative and fun to work with;
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for an iOS engineer to manage the end-to-end development of iOS applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch’s Store of the Future.