- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our people. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to be part of Farfetch’s Engineering Team, being a reference for other members of the engineering team and leading a small team of expert engineers into solving some of our most complex engineering challenges.
What you’ll do
- Technically lead a small team of top engineers passionate about solving complex technical problems;
- Work closely with the Architecture team to assure team is working towards the standards we set ourselves as a company;
- Engage also with other Engineering teams within the domain to assure the solutions his team is building are fulfilling their most complex requirements;
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members in complex topics, acting as a reference for engineering standard methodologies within the team.
Who you are
- A graduate of a program in Information Systems or a related field
- A professional with at least 10 years of demonstrable experience in the IT engineering field
- Experienced in defining and implementing complex engineering solutions at large scale for a global audience
- A person capable of being the Technical Reference and Evangelist for the use of new technologies within the domain
- An individual with solid background and expertise as a Front-end Engineer, Back-end Engineer of the Full Stack variety
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with deep understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement
- An excellent communicator in English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- A person able to handle multiple tasks/priorities at a time, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines
- A person attentive to detail, with an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively
- Experienced in working in large scale organizations on a multinational level with a multi-cultural team is a plus
- Experienced in the Scrum methodology is also a plus