- Sao Paulo
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our São Paulo office is located in the heart of the city, a region full of cultural spaces and history. The office houses several different teams, from Operations to Technology. We have an auditorium where we can host presentations, lectures and fun activities!
We are looking for thoughtful Android engineers to join our team and help build a new mobile application that thousands of people will use every day to discover and buy luxury. You will work implementing new features, improving performance, building beautiful user interfaces and reporting to our Mobile Engineering Lead.
What you’ll do
- You will work with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- You will implement these solutions for our Android partner, following Android development best practices
- Help your team in a way that makes sense for Android users and our codebase
- Join dozens of other developers and help shape the direction of Android development at Farfetch
- Be committed to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Work with other Product Development teams to improve consistency and timing of releases
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology
Who you are
- You understand the modern Android development
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java/Kotlin
- You are experienced with Android development tools
- You are experienced with the set up of automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You have released at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about
- Knowledgeable about REST API architecture
- Understanding of client-side and the API backend stack
- Creative and fun to work with
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Life insurance, health insurance and dental
- Gym membership, meal allowance and transportation vouchers
- Nursery reimbursement
- Special discounts at farfetch.com and brownsfashion.com
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that you are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- Come join us in doing what’s never been done!