- Sao Paulo
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our São Paulo office is located in the heart of the city, a region full of cultural spaces and history. The office houses several different teams, from Operations to Technology. We have an auditorium where we can host presentations, lectures and fun activities!
We are looking for a Senior Back-end Software Engineer to join our growing Technology Team to help develop our platform and services. You are motivated to build outstanding applications using top-notch technology. You will work in a very relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated and growing team. You will report directly to the Head of Engineering LATAM.
What you’ll do
- You’ll implement and maintain back-end services, applications and frameworks;
- You’ll stay up to speed with all backend and web technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns;
- You’ll have knowledge on performance and security topics;
- You’ll understand the full development lifecycle with emphasis on software quality processes.
Who you are
- You are passionate about writing code and proficiency in C#, .Net, Java or similar object-oriented programming language;
- You have knowledge of best practices, methodologies and design patterns for writing applications;
- You have knowledge of SOA and service communication using RESTful APIs;
- You are proficient using unit testing frameworks;
- You have experience developing large-scale distributed applications;
- You are knowledgeable in SQL language and experience using relational databases with preference for SQL Server;
- You can read, write and listen in English;
- A professional with experience working with SCRUM methodologies will fit in easily;
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Life insurance, health insurance and dental
- Gym membership, meal allowance and transportation vouchers
- Nursery reimbursement
- Special discounts at farfetch.com and brownsfashion.com
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- Amazing opportunity to be a part of an outstanding back-end development team and to build incredible, ground-breaking applications!