- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
You will contribute to the end-to-end development of iOS applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch. You’ll write top-notch Swift/Objective-C code and resort to battle-hardened design patterns. You’ll also have the chance to work with UI Automation, Snapshot Testing and automated build pipelines while reporting to the Engineering Lead.
What you’ll do
- Guide feature development and help improve end-to-end product quality;
- Contribute for cross-team development of common libraries;
- Help establish best practices on iOS development and contribute for a learning environment;
- Be committed to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment;
- Work with other Product Development teams to improve consistency and timing of releases;
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology;
- Contribute with architectural solutions to deal with complex apps;
- Contribute with technical solutions to solve out of the ordinary performance challenges
Who you are
- Experienced in iOS development with at least one released app (solo or as a team member);
- Experienced in working with Swift and Objective-C;
- Knowledgeable about REST API architecture;
- Understanding of client-side development and the API backend stack;
- Eager to get nerdy about memory management, UI layout/rendering and UI/network performance;
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- You’ll contribute to the end-to-end development of iOS applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch.