- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
Hello. We’re Stadium Goods. We are the world’s premier sneaker + streetwear marketplace selling only the most sought-after footwear, apparel and other hard-to-find items on behalf of our sellers. We are driven by our principles and committed to providing the best consumer and consignment experience there is. In January 2019, Stadium Goods became part of the Farfetch family of companies, which will help guide our evolution as we usher in the next chapter of scale and growth.
The Engineering and QA Team partners closely with Product to build and deliver new features that can drive business value. They also are responsible for maintaining the platform, from eliminating bugs to applying security updates.
We are looking for engineering talent to join us on our roadmap to architect, engineer, deploy and scale a whole new generation of marketplace technologies, in additional to supporting our current ecosystem of custom technologies. You will be challenged to maintain high availability environments that can handle real-time inventory and prices updates at ultra high work loads, across multiple third party and internal systems, while keeping complex domain logic iterable and simple. You will build our organization’s legacy of customer trust and technical pioneering. You will report to the VP of Engineering at Stadium Goods based in NYC.
What you’ll do
- You will extend and maintain our Seller’s Portal, Drop Ship Portal, and other ruby code bases
- You will work with product management, and other team members to deliver delightful experiences for our customers, sellers, and other partners
- You will take part in the monitoring of production stack
- You will produce high quality, secure, performant, testable Ruby code
- You will work with your colleagues to insure proper code reviews, pull request reviews, and pair programming
- You will maintain high quality, and accuracy deploying many times a day to production
- You will contribute to discussions that define our architecture and technical strategy
- You use tried and proven wisdom to design resilient systems
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of professional web application development experience
- You have strong idiomatic Ruby on Rails knowledge and practice
- You have experience with election of gems, dependencies and datastores
- You have a strong understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools
- You have strong database fundamentals and experience with MySql or Postgresql
- You understand MySQL indexes, table types and how to solve unique query optimization challenges
- You have worked with search engines such as ElasticSearch, Solr, or Algolia
- You have experience using async message queues
- You have experience deploying and maintaining cloud resources and infrastructure
- Having experience with webpack and babel workflows is appreciated
- Having experience with the React/Redux pattern is a strong nice to have
Rewards & benefits
- Comprehensive total rewards package that includes a great compensation package, company equity, health benefits and 401k
- Paid time off
- Dynamic career growth opportunities
- A fun, creative and mission-driven work environment
- Team outings and afterwork events
Equal opportunities statement
- Stadium Goods is committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is celebrated. We make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
- We are looking for a Senior Engineer to deploy and scale a whole new generation of marketplace technologies at Stadium Goods!