- Date Posted
- Oct. 4, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We’re a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it’s churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH’s growth.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
FARFETCH relies on insights gained from data to bring impact in many areas of the business. Reporting to the technical lead for Product Matching, you’ll contribute to the engineering of the next-generation data science products and interfaces that connect our Machine Learning technology to the vast ecosystem of all applications. You will work on a large-scale machine learning project working with product data (text and images), continuing to scale operations and provide access to our data for our stakeholders to make use of. This is a really exciting time to join the business, working with partners central to FARFETCH and including Stadium Goods and Browns Fashion.
What you’ll do
- Collaboratively design, and manage Python microservices in our multi-cloud data platform.
- Work with Data Scientists and other Software Engineers to provide efficient data products.
- Provide creative ideas to improve our product and technology.
- Maintain the health and robustness of production systems.
- Develop performance oriented services with an emphasis on algorithmic design and scalability.
- Share your knowledge and learn from and develop those around you.
Who you are
- Experienced in designing and implementing large-scale systems.
- Proficient in Python and experienced in creating services using frameworks like Flask/Django/FastAPI.
- Disciplined in your approach to testing (TDD, code review, documentation).
- Knowledgeable in distributed systems and service oriented architectures.
- Experienced with containerisation tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experienced with building and scaling batch/asynchronous systems such as Airflow/Celery/RabbitMQ.
- Knowledgeable of the whole stack: front-end, back-end, databases, cache layer, HTTP protocol.
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Contribute to the engineering of the next-generation data science products and interfaces that connect our Machine Learning technology to the vast ecosystem of all applications. Work on a large-scale machine learning project together with product data (text and images), scaling operations and providing timely access to our data.