- Braga, PT
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Braga office is located in the third-largest city in Portugal. Here we have mostly Technology teams, who can enjoy a fun break on our outdoor terrace by jumping on the trampoline or by challenging a colleague to a go-kart race!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is motivated to build outstanding applications using top-notch technology. You will work in a very relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you’ll do
- Evolve our e-commerce platform, defining its future;
- Expand our microservices architecture, creating new services;
- Mentor and help grow other team members
- Partner with other teams to assure the technical feasibility of the scope of the projects.
Who you are
- An expert in object-oriented languages (C#, .NET or Java);
- Knowledgeable of unit tests and integration tests;
- A person who is passionate about code quality;
- A person that stays on top of all best practices of modern software development;
- Knowledgeable of SQL and experience using relational databases;
- Knowledgeable of REST APIs;
- Experienced in NoSQL databases and SOA architecture;
- A professional with experience working with SCRUM methodologies;
- Someone who is autonomous and able to make important technical decisions to have a positive impact on our platform;
- Someone interested in large-scale systems;
- A person who is passionate about solving complex problems;
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Braga, who is motivated to build outstanding applications using top-notch technology.