- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is motivated to build world-class applications using top notch technology. You will be working in a very friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team.
What you’ll do
- Excel our development teams with amazing tools, frameworks and libs that increase productivity of the entire department.
- Coach and support development teams on the best practices and the usage of the tools we provide them
- Work closely with Principal Engineers by helping defining the technical roadmap for the teams;
- Contribute to unblock issues that the development teams are facing on their daily basis work;
- Evolve your technical capabilities to the next level while using state-of-the-art technologies (.Net, SQL Server, Mongo, Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic, Redis, Docker);
Who you are
- An expert in object oriented languages (C#, .NET or Java) with a deep understanding of OOP principles, design patterns and data structures
- A person who is passionate about code quality and good knowledge of testing strategies to improve the product quality
- A person who is autonomous and to have a positive impact on our platform
- A person interested in large-scale systems and passionate about solving complex problems
- A person that stays on top of all the best practices of modern software development
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that you are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
If you love to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.