- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our people. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a Software Architect to joining our growing Architecture team. To helping design and build the number one high-fashion platform. On-site the majority of the time, you’ll coordinate and drive the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and integration of major new capabilities into the product line, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs. This is a hands-on role, so prepare yourself to collaborate with the engineering and product teams to promote a productive organization and amazing culture.
What you’ll do
- Help plan technology strategies, considering both technical and business needs;
- Design simple solutions to complex business problems assuring availability, scalability, and performance;
- Provide global technical mentorship and support for short-term technical decisions and long-term strategic vision;
- Think holistically and work with other architects to ensure that all components are aligned with the company strategy;
- Search and research new technologies that fit company use cases.
Who you are
- A professional with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a senior engineer/architect
- Experienced in designing and developing large-scale distributed applications
- Knowledgeable of SOA, EDA and service communication using RESTful APIs
- Knowledgeable of Enterprise Software Patterns
- Experienced with CI/CD
- Excellent team worker with great communication skills
- Quick learner, problem solver and dedicated
- Good at leading, following and getting out of the way
- Experienced in the following technologies is a plus: .NET Core, Java, Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Neo4j, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes